Proudly South African Prepaid Sim Card Provider
We send you sim cards. We train you. You RICA & sell the sims, airtime & data. We pay you.
All this for FREE.
~ About ~
We have been around since 2010!
We are proud to have over 20 000 active Agents.
We supply prepaid sim cards from all networks in South Africa.
We give free opportunities to anyone willing to work.
Sell sims, make money & earn points on our AWESIM REWARDS PROGRAM .
We do good things with good people.
~ Contact ~
Come and visit, give us a call, send an SMS/email or click on the WhatsApp link below.
Or fill in this form and we will call you back.
36 Morsim Road (corner 6th Road), Hyde Park, Johannesburg, South Africa
WhatsApp 060 070 2666 | email@example.com |
SMS "Call" to 43203
~ Agents ~
Existing Awesim Agents:
Get everything you will ever need on
download our app
Dial our free USSD service
Awesim Academy - Training Tests
Take our Training Tests to learn about Awesim & earn 25 Reward Points per test passed!
~ Join Us ~
Get started as a RICA Agent
You need to be a registered RICA Agent to work with us.
If you are already a RICA Agent on SmartRICA, CONTACT us & we can get you up and running immediately.
Not an Agent? To register you need to send us:
A picture of your ID/Passport &
A picture of your face with you holding your ID/Passport next to it
Please send them through to our WhatsApp.
Do you still have questions like how do you RICA sim cards or what do you get paid? Contact us for answers.
~ RICA ~
Option 1: RICA your own sim card
If you already have an Awesim sim card and you would like to RICA it in your own name for your own use, you can do so on turnmeon.co.za which is a Self-RICA platform.
Option 2: Become a RICA Agent to RICA the sims we send you
You need to be a registered RICA Agent to work with us. That will enable you to RICA the sim cards we send you for your customers (and not only yourself) who you will sell them to.
Click on Join Us! below to start.
Awesim Telecoms (Pty) Ltd (registration # 2010/00105/07) trading as Awesim, hereafter referred to as ‘Awesim, will endeavour to ensure that all information on this website is accurate and complete.
However, Awesim makes no representations or warranties of any kind; express or implied, as to the operation of this site, the information, content, materials, products, services or support included on this site. Awesim accepts no responsibility for any losses of any kind suffered as a result of reliance on the website.
B: PROMOTIONAL SUPPORT RULES
For agents/dealers in relation to Awesim Telecoms (Pty) Ltd (“Awesim”) sim card support.
Please always contact Awesim to confirm the latest version of these Terms and Conditions as well as any other specific Terms and Conditions that may be available.
1. Activation rules as per the respective networks (subject to change at any time by the network)
1.1. Vodacom: Starters without value need to dial R26 within 4 calendar months of first connection to qualify for agent/dealer promotional support. If the Starter does not reach R26 dial out, no agent/dealer promotional support shall be paid to the agent/dealer. Any Awesim/Smartcall/Network added value loaded on the Starter Pack will be excluded from agent/dealer promotional support. Dial in, Premium rated Calls, SMS’s or any activity deemed computer generated are not included in usage. Any organised scheme that is solely for the purpose of creating activations to benefit from the incentives is excluded. Two vouchers are to be loaded to a sim should the initial voucher loaded be less than R29.00. Any Starter Packs defined at Data Starters which come with preloaded data will not qualify for agent/dealer activation promotional support.
1.2. MTN: Activation of a prepaid sim kit means that the sim card contained in a pre-paid sim kit is shown by the Operators systems as having been connected on the network; and having attained a cumulative spend value of R 30 (incl VAT) in outgoing billable local voice, SMS and data calls, excluding International Calls, Value Added Services, Premium Rated Services, Direct Carrier Billing, Extra Time, Excluded Bundle Products and Other Excluded Usage as defined by MTN, within the spend calculation period. Spend calculation period means a period of time made up of: i) the number of days remaining in the month in which the Connection took place (‘Connection Month’), starting from the day on which the Connection occurred (‘Connection Date’) and; ii) the number of days included in the 3 (three) calendar months immediately following the end of the Connection Month; which period shall not exceed 120 (one hundred and twenty) days from connection date.
1.3. Cell C: Starter Pack Activation shall be deemed to have taken place when the SIM Card relating to a Starter Pack sold to a Customer has been activated on the Cell C Network; and not less than R25 (twenty five Rand) excluding VAT is spent by a combination of either chargeable outgoing Voice calls and/or outgoing Data, SMS and/or MMS usage from the Subscriber Number associated with the aforementioned SIM Card, within a period of not more than 90 (ninety) calendar days from the first chargeable outgoing Voice call or outgoing SMS, MMS or Data usage. For the purposes of this definition, “outgoing Voice calls, Data, SMS and MMS usage”, shall specifically exclude (i) calls or usage in respect of non-chargeable competitions and voting polls; and (ii) Voice calls, SMS, MMS or Data or any other usage by the Customer utilising any Airtime bonus issued to such Customer from time to time; and (iii) Value added/premium services/Wireless Application Service Provider (WASP) services made available by Cell C from time to time; and (iv) International and International Roaming Voice, SMS and Data charges, and (v) Voice calls, Data, SMS and/or MMS made/sent to any other number which is not chargeable to the Customer, and (vi) Purchases from the “Content Platform and black data bundles. Therefore the purchases of local Voice, SMS, MMS and/or Data Bundles are included as chargeable usage. Any Starter Packs defined at Data Starters which come with preloaded data will not qualify for agent/dealer activation promotional support.
1.4. Telkom Mobile (Sim-Sonke): Activation would refer to a new prepaid connection for a Sim-Sonke sim card, subject to billable usage to the minimum value of R29 (Twenty Nine Rand) (inclusive of VAT) having been made during a consecutive 3 (three) calendar month period (inclusive of the month in which the connection to the Telkom network is made by that sim card. Bonus or promotional airtime usage, PC and computer-generated calls will not be classified as billable usage. Any organised scheme that is solely for the purpose of creating activations to benefit from the incentives is excluded.
The following will not be classified as billable usage:
• Bonus or promotional airtime usage, bonus or promotional data and SMS bundle purchases
• PC and computer-generated calls, PC and computer-generated data sessions
• Value added services purchased via USSD or other self-service channels, like the Telkom App and Mo'Nice, that are not standard priced Telkom products and have either been discounted or is offered as promotional/ bonus/ customised/ 3rd party products
• Wasp services, carrier billing services, event billing services, content billing services, premium rated services
• International roaming and international calling
1.5. Lycamobile: Starter Pack Activation means when a Starter Pack, purchased by an End User, is activated by or on behalf of the Customer on the Lycamobile Service and the End User has recharged with and used Airtime to the value of R20 (twenty rand) within 90 days of the Starter Pack being activated. Bonus or promotional airtime usage, PC and computer-generated calls will not be classified as billable usage. Any organised scheme that is solely for the purpose of creating activations to benefit from the incentives is excluded. “End User” (or “Subscriber”) means an individual consumer user who purchases Products, for purposes outside his/her business, trade or profession, to gain access to the Services provided by Lycamobile. Accordingly, End Users do not include businesses or their employees, nor any person other than a bona fide consumer user wishing to access the Service for the purposes of making voice calls, SMS, data services and related communications services provided by the Service.
2. Port bonuses support rules as per the respective networks (subject to change at any time by the network)
The following rules apply for port bonus support:
2.1. All Networks:
2.1.1. Port bonus 1: This will be achieved when a customer has been successfully ported to an Awesim sim card and that customer has dialled out or spent R 150 (Ex-VAT) worth of airtime. This port bonus is at the discretion of Awesim and the ported sim needs to comply with the REAL customer requirements as stated below.
3. RICA Rules as per the respective networks (subject to change at any time by the network) as well as Awesim:
3.1. All networks have set a certain time frames for an automated reversal of a RICA if the sim has not been used within a certain time period. This is not fully disclosed by either network and is within their control.
3.2. For all sim cards there is an overriding rule in place: A sim card will have 90 days from the date of RICA to perform a successful recharge (any amount or type) or usage to qualify for an activation payment, if an activation is subsequently achieved. The factor to determine this (being usage or recharge) is dependent on the reporting that is received by Awesim from the respective network. This is to prevent Pre-RICA on the sim cards. Once the sim has made the 90 day rule as mentioned above, will still have the full period mentioned below for the sim to load and spend the required airtime to activate.
4. Real Customers and Fraudulent Activations
A real customer is a customer defined as, but not limited to, a customer who:
• Is a real person who is not the agent/dealer/distributor and is a bona fide paying customer who will be using the sim card for access to the respective network’s services.
• Performs continuous recharges on a regular basis after the first recharge.
• Performs continuous subsequent recharges after the required amount (value) of recharges needed to activate the respective sim card has been loaded and used by the customer as per the activation criteria.
• Performs continuous subsequent recharges after the pre-loaded amount (value) of airtime/data loaded onto any pre-loaded data or airtime sim card has been loaded and used by the customer.
• Uses the sim card on a regular basis for billable transactions.
• Uses the sim card for a variety of services.
• Uses the sim card in a cellular phone and not a machine.
• Is not using the sim card as part of an organised scheme for the sole purpose of creating activations or earning revenue off this deal.
Awesim will, at its own discretion, determine whether a sim card that has been distributed by the agent/dealer is a real customer irrespective of whether the above activation rules have been reached or not. If it is determined otherwise Awesim will have the right to withhold all support related to that sim as well as all other support related to that agent/dealer.
Awesim will, at its own discretion, determine whether a sim card that has been distributed by the agent/dealer has been done so fraudulently, irrespective of whether the above activation rules have been reached or not. If it is determined there has been fraudulent activity, Awesim will have the right to withhold all support related to that sim as well as all support related to that agent/dealer.
5. Activation support
5.1. Any activation support due to eligible agents/dealers will be made based on activations achieved for the respective period less any:
5.1.1. Activations listed as fraudulent
5.1.2. Activations listed as not being a real customer
5.1.3. Activations on any pre-loaded data or airtime sims
5.1.4. Any outstanding amounts owing to Awesim by the agent/dealer
5.1.5. Any other deductions determined to be relevant by Awesim for that period
5.1.6 For sims where RICA agents are paid directly to the number who RICA’ed the sim, the RICA needs to be performed on the SmartRica platform and the sims cannot be RICA’ed using the Bulk Rica functionality.
5.1.7. Any sims that have been Bulk RICA’ed through any other RICA platform.
5.1.8. Any activation of which Awesim has not been remunerated for the activation by the respective network due to their specific rules or conditions.
6. Bonus support
6.1. Any bonus support due to eligible agents/dealers will be made based on activations achieved for the respective period less any:
6.1.1. Activations listed as fraudulent
6.1.2. Activations listed as not being a real customer
6.1.3. Activations on any pre-loaded data or airtime sims listed as not being a real customer
6.1.4. Any outstanding amounts owing to Awesim by the agent/dealer
6.1.5. Any other deductions determined to be relevant by Awesim for that period
6.1.6. Any sims that have been Bulk RICA’ed through any RICA platform.
6.1.7. Any activation of which Awesim has not been remunerated for the activation by the respective network due to their specific rules or conditions.
7. Pre-loaded data & airtime sim cards
7.1. Awesim will at times provide, to agents selected based on performance and other factors, sim cards that have data and/or airtime pre-loaded onto the sim card.
7.2 Awesim will determine, at it’s own discretion, whether these sim cards have been used appropriately and issued to REAL customers before resupplying qualifying agent’s with further pre-loaded sim cards.
7.3 No activation support will be paid to the agent for these pre-loaded sim cards.
7.4 The pre-loaded sim cards contain value loaded at Awesim’s expense and should be sold for cash by the agent.
7.5 If Agents do not sell the sims to real customers or Awesim finds the agents are wasting the sims, the agent will be flagged as a ‘Not Real Customer’ and will no longer receive sims and none of the sims already received will qualify for any further payments.
7.6 The qualifying pre-loaded sim cards will be included in the calculation of the Bonus support paid to the agents at month end.
7.7 TELKOM KLIPA LTE SIMS: Awesim provides Telkom pre-loaded LTE sims (‘Klipa’) which come with a R 49 LTE bundle. A random number of these sims will load an LTE bundle worth R 99. These have been selected randomly and each Klipa sim is in no way guaranteed a R 99 bundle load.
C: AWESIM REWARD POINTS
1. Points Rules:
• Awesim Reward points will be awarded to all customers depending on their default order type. This can be confirmed with Awesim. All new Awesim agents will begin with 0 points.
• Awesim Rewards points are earned on a monthly basis by an agent/dealer who has an account with Awesim (certain dealers excluded).
• Awesim Reward points are calculated by and awarded at the discretion of Awesim.
• Awesim Reward points can be reversed at any stage, for any reason at the discretion of Awesim without notification. Examples would be if there is found to be fraud performed on the sims issued or due to performance issues etc.
• Awesim Rewards points are allocated on a monthly basis to the agent/dealers account by Awesim.
• Ad hoc Awesim Reward points can also be allocated to the agent/dealers account at any stage.
• Awesim Reward points are allocated based on the number of real customer activations (after any deductions) that are generated monthly per agent/dealer account.
• Only agents/dealer with a 3-star rating (overall) and above (3/4/5 star) will be issued with reward points. The amount of Rewards points issued will differ per agent/dealer.
• Awesim Reward points will not be issued to agents/dealers whose accounts are on hold or if there is deemed to be fraud on their account.
• Awesim Reward points will be valid as long as the following conditions are met:
• The agent/dealer has ordered and received stock within the last 6 months (the agent/dealer will need to qualify for stock to be able to order and receive the stock). Awesim reserves the right to make the final decision on whether to issue the agent/dealer with stock at any stage.
• The agent/dealer activates at least 5 sim cards per month which are eligible for Awesim Rewards points allocation.
• If the above conditions are not met then the Reward points accumulated up to that point will be forfeited (reduced to zero). The agent will then begin accumulating points again from scratch.
• Should any agent/dealer not redeem their Awesim Rewards points for 12 consecutive calendar months, all the accumulated Awesim Rewards points will be forfeited (reduced to zero). The agent will then begin accumulating points again from scratch.
• If an agent/dealer’s account is placed On-Hold they will not be able to redeem their Awesim Reward points until their account is active again, all accumulated Awesim Reward points will be reduced to zero should the agent’s On-Hold account not be active again within a 12-month period.
• Agent’s Awesim Reward points balance will be reduced by the number of points required to obtain the desired Promotional Items. Redeemed Awesim Reward points may take up to 48 hours to reflect on either the USSD, Website or Awesim App once they have been redeemed by the agent.
• Awesim Reward points can only be redeemed if the agent has the acquired the appropriate amount of Awesim Rewards points necessary to redeem a Promotional Item/s.
• Promotional Item/s eligible for redemption will be displayed on the USSD Platform by dialling *130*43203# selecting Awesim Rewards. Certain dealers will not have USSD access to points, they will need to call the Awesim office. Agents/dealers can so call Awesim at any time to check their points balance and redeem any points.
• Agents/dealers can make enquiries about their Awesim Reward points by dialling *130*43203# then select Awesim Reward, select points, then select points Balance.
• Awesim Reward points are linked to the SYSPRO account that the agent/dealer has with Awesim. Stock gets issued to that account and activations on that stock is what the rewards will be calculated on after all exclusions mentioned above. The main cell phone number that is linked to that account will be the only cell phone number that can redeem points using the USSD (*130*43203#) for that account. Alternatively, an agent can always call in to redeem points if that USSD is not used. All agents are responsible to ensure that all personal information is correct and up-to-date.
• Awesim reserves the right to block redemptions where the agent/dealers’ information is inaccurate or incomplete. Agents/dealers are entirely responsible for keeping their Account secure.
• Awesim Reward points cannot be exchanged for cash, Smartload, transferred or sold to another agent/dealer, transferred to any other Awesim account, or exchanged for sim cards at this stage.
• NO exchanges or refunds or returns of promotional items will be processed once the items have moved into the order processing (invoicing) phase within Awesim.
• Only returns for faulty devices will be considered. And the points will only be refunded for these items after inspection by Awesim to ascertain the issue. A replacement device will be issued if possible, instead of a points refund. If the fault is that of the agent/dealer as to be decided by Awesim, no points will be refunded and no units will be replaced.
• NO sizes can be guaranteed on any promotional items and they cannot be returned due to the incorrect size.
• NO colours can be guaranteed on any promotional items and they cannot be returned due to the incorrect colour.
• NO type of print/design can be guaranteed on any promotional items and they cannot be returned due to the incorrect type of print/design.
• If an item is selected and at the time of processing is out of stock, Awesim will attempt to replace this item with the closest possible substitute and if that is not available, Awesim will contact the agent/dealer to confirm any other available items that it can be exchanged for. If none are agreed upon, Awesim will refund that points to the agent so items can be selected at another stage.
2. Redeeming Awesim Reward points:
• Agents can redeem Awesim Reward points from the following methods:
o o Using the USSD or my.awesim.co.za platforms.
o o Contacting our call centre
o o Visiting our offices for a same day collection
• To redeem Awesim Reward points using our USSD Platform, agents must dial *130*43203# from their phone select Awesim Rewards, select points, then select Redeem points. The menu options can be followed from that point. Alternatively *120*43203# can be used which is charged at 20c per 20 seconds.
• On the USSD, orders can be cancelled after they have been made if the agent/dealer would like to change what they have chosen. The points will be reissued to the account if a cancellation is successful. Cancellations can only be made before the order has been selected for order processing (invoicing) within Awesim, no cancellation can be made from that point onwards and NO refunds or exchanges will be made from that point onward.
• To redeem Awesim Rewards points through the Call centre; when agents call in to redeem their Awesim Reward points they will need to verify their account information. Once their information has been verified the redemption can be processed.
• Agent will need to accumulate a minimum value of Awesim Reward points to be eligible to redeem Promotional Item/s at that value.
• Agent will not be able to redeem their points for Promotional Items if they don’t have sufficient points available.
• No items redeemed from Awesim Reward points will be shipped to any agent without their being enough sim card stock eligible for the agent to receive a shipment. This also applies to walk in order or sales person delivery orders or any other type of order. To be clear, the agent/dealer will need at least 30 sim cards allowed to be able to receive their rewards allocation with their shipment, irrespective of how the sims are shipped or delivered or collected by the agent/dealer. The above rule remains in place even if the agent purchases sim cards. A purchase of any amount of sim cards will not allow the promotional items to be released. Unless an agent/dealer has sufficient allowed stock (30 sims minimum) as per Awesim’s system, there will be no release of the promotional items that have been redeemed.
3. Buying Awesim Reward points:
• Reward points will be available for purchase, if agents don’t have sufficient points to exchanges for a Promotional Item/s or if they need additional more points to get additional Promotional Items.
• They can contact the call centre for assistant in buying additional Awesim Reward points.
• Agents will need to supply a proof of payment before we credit them with the necessary points for Promotional Item/s redemptions.
• Any purchased points will rank above all other points issued. Purchased points will be used as the first set of points for redemption when points are redeemed. Thereafter the remaining categories of points will be applied.
• Unused purchased points will be the only type of points that can be refunded in cash to the agent if the refund request has been made by the agent within 6 months of the points being purchased. The amount refunded will be the amount received less any fees incurred by Awesim.
• Awesim reserves the right to limit the amount of points to be purchased by any agent/dealer at any time at their discretion.
D: AWESIM COMPETITIONS & INCENTIVES
Incentive Name: Awesim USSD Competitions
Incentive Period: Monthly (per calendar month). Starting 01 June 2020 – (yet to be announced)
Incentive Eligible Agents: Agents (shipped) and Retail/Regional Agents. Dealer accounts excluded. Contact Awesim for details.
• Awesim will identify certain agent accounts who qualify for the competition.
• Agents will be able to see if they qualify by dialling *130*43203# to check if the Competitions menu option is available.
• All eligible agents will need to register for each individual competition, every month to be eligible to win the Reward Points or prize on offer. No registration, no prizes.
• Competitions will be listed per stock code or stock category. A stock code is a specific type of sim card (such as a Telkom LTE sim) whereas a stock category covers any type of sim for that network such as Telkom (exclusions may apply). If an agent cannot understand what sims form part of the competition, they will need to contact Awesim to clarify this.
• If an agent does qualify for the competition and they have registered for the competition, they will be issued a target for the calendar month. The target will be based on the specific stock as per the competition description as explained above. The target is measured by how many of that type of sim card both connects (as per the connection definition of the network) and then loads airtime within that same calendar month. Over and above this, the sim card is required to become a REAL customer for it to count towards the target.
• The sims that recharge must become Real Customers (see General T&C’s).
• Any sims cards loaded with minimal airtime only to qualify as a recharged connection will be excluded. These can be excluded AFTER or DURING the month even though they may have been shown as being counted towards the target as recharged sim on the USSD reporting already.
• Awesim reserves the right to include whichever agents they deem appropriate for the competition as well as change targets during a month if they deem there is a sufficient enough reason for this to be done.
• Accounts flagged as being on hold or fraudulent will not be eligible for this incentive.
• All point Rewards will be issued on the 15th of the month after the competition ends.
• Awesim relies on the networks to provide up to date data in order for Awesim to display this data to the agents on a daily basis. The data displayed to the agents daily is by no means final and will only be finalised on the day of payment for the winners. Awesim reserves the right to restate the data in order to align correctly with any network data that was incorrect or incomplete or inaccurate.
• All other Awesim Terms and conditions continue to apply in addition to the above.
E: PAYMENT METHODS
Whichever payment method you use, you accept that these Terms and Conditions apply to you. These rules must be read with the Terms and Conditions of the Provider of the payment method that you have chosen.
2. Terms and Conditions
The Agent understands that there is no agreement between AWESIM and the Provider of the payment method to receive and use funds through their services. The Agent provided AWESIM with details for the payment method to be applied. AWESIM will not be involved in any dispute between the Agent and the Provider of the payment method. No reversals will be possible for funds send to a valid payment method.
AWESIM may change these Terms and Conditions from time to time. AWESIM will notify you about any material changes by putting a notice on its communication channels or by sending you an SMS notification.
3. Risks and Liability
• You use the payment method chosen at your own risk. AWESIM makes no warranty of any kind about the service to you or any other person.
• AWESIM is not responsible for any loss you may suffer as a result of a failure, temporary breakdown or malfunction of any ATM or another device.
• During periods of load shedding or power failures AWESIM cannot guarantee the provision of the service associated with any particular payment method, in this instance AWESIM does not accept any liability whatsoever.
• The service associated with any particular payment method may be unavailable from time to time due to interruptions in services provided by third party providers or due to technical interruptions or maintenance requirements, AWESIM is not liable for any loss you may suffer because of such interruptions.
• AWESIM will not be responsible to you if you lose or accidentally disclose any payment method security information to third parties, including the one-time pin sent to you.
• AWESIM is not responsible for any loss or damage you suffered as a result of funds sent to a wrong cell phone number or if a payment instruction is duplicated by you. This also includes situations where the Agent may not be legally entitled to the funds for any reason.
• AWESIM will not be responsible to the Agent or any other third party if the funds in a payment method are accessed by a third party because the cell phone number was churned and re-allocated by the cell phone network provider in line with the provisions of RICA.
• AWESIM cannot guarantee that the Agent will receive notification messages since this depends on the service of the mobile network operators. AWESIM is not liable for any loss or damage caused to any person (directly or indirectly) because of the operation of, failure, or malfunction of third party systems or communication devices.
• AWESIM is not responsible to you for any loss or damage you suffer, whether directly or indirectly, because of a third party or its products or services or your use of the products or services. You alone take the risk of using or purchasing third party products or services. You hereby agree to indemnify us and hold AWESIM harmless for any loss or damage you may suffer, or cause, in this regard. AWESIM does not accept any liability with regards to any third-party transactions.
• It is your responsibility to ensure that the information you give us is correct. AWESIM will not be responsible to you for any loss or damage you suffer because you gave incorrect or incomplete information.
• Changes in payment details provided by yourself will be effective once you receive a SMS from AWESIM confirming the change of your payment details. AWESIM will not be held responsible for updates to payment details not being made should you not receive the confirming SMS. This is required due to risk of possible email and other communications failure.
• Information sent over public networks may be subject to unlawful monitoring and interception. AWESIM recommends that service associated with any particular payment method and other banking services only be used over private networks, using personal data and airtime.
• Daily and monthly transaction limits apply to all service associated with any particular payment methods. When limits are reached, the use of funds or the service will not be possible.
To view applicable payment method limits, please approach the relevant provider of the payment method.
4. Fees and Charges
AWESIM may recover fees from time to time that it is charged by the provider of the payment method chosen by the Agent. All payment methods may be viewed on my.awesim.co.za or contact the AWESIM Call centre at +27 11 268 1348 for more information on fees or payment methods. Additional charges such as standard mobile network operator fees will apply. Free minutes or bundles may not apply.
5. Personal Information
AWESIM will treat all personal information related to you, including any biometric information, as confidential. AWESIM will take all reasonable steps to protect personal information provided.
AWESIM will only process and distribute your personal information where:
• you have given us your consent.
• the law requires us to do so.
• to detect, prevent and report theft, fraud, money laundering and other crimes.
• it is in the public interest to do so.
• our interests require disclosure, for example default or breach of the Agent’s obligations.
• to manage our relationship with you.
• our internal marketing and product development require the information.
• to process payment instructions.
AWESIM may disclose some of your personal information to specific third parties, who are also under obligation to keep your information secure and confidential. AWESIM will never disclose more information than is required.
6. Agents Additional Obligations
You must make sure that you have provided the correct cell phone number if you use an eWallet Service. AWESIM will not be responsible in the event that funds are sent to either an incorrect, inactive cell phone number or the Agent’s cell phone number has changed.
It is important to note that any person who has access to the Agents cell phone or SIM card may have access to the Wallet and AWESIM will not be responsible for any loss incurred. If your cell phone is lost or stolen, you must immediately notify the Provider of the service to block the Wallet in order to prevent any losses. If the SIM card is illegally swapped and fraudulently used, AWESIM will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered. AWESIM is not liable for any unauthorized transactions that occur by any person other than the Agent.
You must provide AWESIM with the correct information in the required manner for sending funds through a payment method. If you do not, we will not be legally responsible for any loss or damage sustained.
7. Customer Interaction
The AWESIM call center is available on +27 11 268 1348 from 8am to 5pm from Monday to Friday. The AWESIM call center will not be available on weekends and during public holidays.
8. Ending the Payment Method
AWESIM reserves the right to block / terminate / suspend the payment method chosen with or without notice to you if:
• If you breach the terms of the payment method.
• If you use the payment method for illegal, unlawful or fraudulent purposes.
• If it is necessary to protect AWESIM, its customers or its systems or any Agent.
• There is fraud or suspected fraud by you or the Agent or any other person in relation to a payment method.
• AWESIM is required to do so by law.
9. Glossary of Key Terms
In this Terms and Conditions unless inconsistent with the context, the words and expressions set out below shall have the following meanings:
• "Business Day" means Monday to Fridays, excluding South African public holidays.
• "Wallet" means an electronic store of value that can be accessed by an Agent or used to make payments for goods and services.
• "AWESIM" means Awesim Telecoms (Pty) Ltd.
• "Office Hours" means Monday to Fridays (Business Days) from 08h00 to 17h00 excluding South African public holidays.
• "Agent" means an Agent or any type of Dealer or Trainer of AWESIM whom funds were made available to, through a Provider of a payment method.
• "RICA" means The Regulation of Interception of Communications and Provision of Communication-Related Information Act
We collect but do not link personal and activity data.
We use technologies like cookies (small files stored by your browser), web beacons, or unique device identifiers to anonymously identify your computer or device so we can deliver a better experience.
We also may collect personal identification information that you provide to us, such as your name, address, phone number or email address. With your permission, we may also access other personal information on your devices, such as your phone book, calendar or messages, in order to provide services to you. If authorized by you, we may also access profile and other information from services like Facebook.
Our systems are not designed to associate personal information with your activities (such as pages you view or things you click on or search for).
We do not knowingly contact or collect personal information from children under 18. If you believe we have inadvertently collected such information, please contact us so we can promptly obtain parental consent or remove the information. We collect or share your location only with permission.
In serving you, we may use or store your precise geographic location, if you give us permission to do so. We do not use or share this data for any other purpose. Many devices will indicate through an icon when location services are operating. You can request to see or delete your personal data.
You can contact our call centre for any personal identification information we have stored, such as your name, address, e-mail or phone number. We keep personal data until you delete it.
We remove personal identification information (such as your name, address, e-mail or phone number) and other preferences associated with your account promptly after you delete your account. We may retain other data indefinitely.
We don’t share your personal data with other companies. We generally do not share personal identification information (such as name, address, e-mail or phone) with other companies. No advertising companies collect data through our service. We do not allow advertising companies to collect data through our service for ad targeting.
You can ask privacy questions. If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy policies, please contact us:
Postal Address: PO Box 413059, Craighall, Johannesburg, 2024
We take detailed steps to protect personal information.
We take reasonable administrative, physical and electronic measures to safeguard and protect your information from unauthorized access or disclosure.
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the personal information you input, and stores your information in encrypted form behind a firewall designed to block access from outside networks. However, no security or encryption method can be guaranteed to protect information from hackers or human error.
Information we collect may be stored or processed on computers located in any country in which we do business. Special situations may require disclosure of your data.
To operate the service, we also may make identifiable and anonymous information available to third parties in these limited circumstances: (1) with your express consent, (2) when we have a good faith belief it is required by law, (3) when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to protect our rights or property, or (4) to any successor or purchaser in a merger, acquisition, liquidation, dissolution or sale of assets. Your consent will not be required for disclosure in these cases, but we will attempt to notify you, to the extent permitted by law to do so.
You can review more privacy-related information if needed by contacting us and requesting any further information that you require.