Whichever payment method you use, you accept that these Terms and Conditions apply to you. These rules must be read with the Terms and Conditions of the Provider of the payment method that you have chosen.
Terms and Conditions
The Agent understands that there is no agreement between AWESIM and the Provider of the payment method to receive and use funds through their services. The Agent provided AWESIM with details for the payment method to be applied. AWESIM will not be involved in any dispute between the Agent and the Provider of the payment method. No reversals will be possible for funds send to a valid payment method.
AWESIM may change these Terms and Conditions from time to time. AWESIM will notify you about any material changes by putting a notice on its communication channels or by sending you an SMS notification.
Risks and Liability
- • You use the payment method chosen at your own risk. AWESIM makes no warranty of any kind about the service to you or any other person.
- • AWESIM is not responsible for any loss you may suffer as a result of a failure, temporary breakdown or malfunction of any ATM or another device.
- • During periods of load shedding or power failures AWESIM cannot guarantee the provision of the service associated with any particular payment method, in this instance AWESIM does not accept any liability whatsoever.
- • The service associated with any particular payment method may be unavailable from time to time due to interruptions in services provided by third party providers or due to technical interruptions or maintenance requirements, AWESIM is not liable for any loss you may suffer because of such interruptions.
- • AWESIM will not be responsible to you if you lose or accidentally disclose any payment method security information to third parties, including the one-time pin sent to you.
- • AWESIM is not responsible for any loss or damage you suffered as a result of funds sent to a wrong cell phone number or if a payment instruction is duplicated by you. This also includes situations where the Agent may not be legally entitled to the funds for any reason.
- • AWESIM will not be responsible to the Agent or any other third party if the funds in a payment method are accessed by a third party because the cell phone number was churned and re-allocated by the cell phone network provider in line with the provisions of RICA.
- • AWESIM cannot guarantee that the Agent will receive notification messages since this depends on the service of the mobile network operators. AWESIM is not liable for any loss or damage caused to any person (directly or indirectly) because of the operation of, failure, or malfunction of third party systems or communication devices.
- • AWESIM is not responsible to you for any loss or damage you suffer, whether directly or indirectly, because of a third party or its products or services or your use of the products or services. You alone take the risk of using or purchasing third party products or services. You hereby agree to indemnify us and hold AWESIM harmless for any loss or damage you may suffer, or cause, in this regard. AWESIM does not accept any liability with regards to any third-party transactions.
- • It is your responsibility to ensure that the information you give us is correct. AWESIM will not be responsible to you for any loss or damage you suffer because you gave incorrect or incomplete information.
- • Changes in payment details provided by yourself will be effective once you receive a SMS from AWESIM confirming the change of your payment details. AWESIM will not be held responsible for updates to payment details not being made should you not receive the confirming SMS. This is required due to risk of possible email and other communications failure.
- • Information sent over public networks may be subject to unlawful monitoring and interception. AWESIM recommends that service associated with any particular payment method and other banking services only be used over private networks, using personal data and airtime.
- • Daily and monthly transaction limits apply to all service associated with any particular payment methods. When limits are reached, the use of funds or the service will not be possible.
To view applicable payment method limits, please approach the relevant provider of the payment method.
Fees and Charges
AWESIM may recover fees from time to time that it is charged by the provider of the payment method chosen by the Agent. All payment methods may be viewed on www.awesim.co.za or contact the AWESIM Call centre at 011 268 1348. Additional charges such as standard mobile network operator fees will apply. Free minutes or bundles may not apply.
AWESIM will treat all personal information related to you, including any biometric information, as confidential. AWESIM will take all reasonable steps to protect personal information provided.
AWESIM will only process and distribute your personal information where:
- • you have given us your consent.
- • the law requires us to do so.
- • to detect, prevent and report theft, fraud, money laundering and other crimes.
- • it is in the public interest to do so.
- • our interests require disclosure, for example default or breach of the Agent’s obligations.
- • to manage our relationship with you.
- • our internal marketing and product development require the information.
- • to process payment instructions.
AWESIM may disclose some of your personal information to specific third parties, who are also under obligation to keep your information secure and confidential. AWESIM will never disclose more information than is required.
Agents Additional Obligations
You must make sure that you have provided the correct cell phone number if you use an eWallet Service.
AWESIM will not be responsible in the event that funds are sent to either an incorrect, inactive cell phone number or the Agent’s cell phone number has changed.
It is important to note that any person who has access to the Agents cell phone or SIM card may have access to the Wallet and AWESIM will not be responsible for any loss incurred. If your cell phone is lost or stolen, you must immediately notify the Provider of the service to block the Wallet in order to prevent any losses. If the SIM card is illegally swapped and fraudulently used, AWESIM will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered. AWESIM is not liable for any unauthorized transactions that occur by any person other than the Agent.
You must provide AWESIM with the correct information in the required manner for sending funds through a payment method. If you do not, we will not be legally responsible for any loss or damage sustained.
The AWESIM call center is available on 011 268 1348 from 8am to 5pm from Monday to Friday. The AWESIM call center will not be available on weekends and during public holidays.
Ending the Payment Method
AWESIM reserves the right to block / terminate / suspend the payment method chosen with or without notice to you if:
- • If you breach the terms of the payment method.
- • If you use the payment method for illegal, unlawful or fraudulent purposes.
- • If it is necessary to protect AWESIM, its customers or its systems or any Agent.
- • There is fraud or suspected fraud by you or the Agent or any other person in relation to a payment method.
- • AWESIM is required to do so by law.
Glossary of Key Terms
In this Terms and Conditions unless inconsistent with the context, the words and expressions set out below shall have the following meanings:
- • "Business Day" means Monday to Fridays, excluding South African public holidays.
- • "Wallet" means an electronic store of value that can be accessed by an Agent or used to make payments for goods and services.
- • "AWESIM" means Awesim Telecoms (Pty) Ltd.
- • "Office Hours" means Monday to Fridays (Business Days) from 08h00 to 17h00 excluding South African public holidays.
- • "Agent" means an Agent of AWESIM whom funds were made available to, through a Provider of a payment method.
- • "RICA" means The Regulation of Interception of Communications and Provision of Communication-Related Information Act